Simplified procedure/highly skilled specialists
From the point of view of Russian legislation a highly skilled specialist is recognized as an employee with experience, skills or achievements in a particular field and whose proposed salary in the RF is not less than 2 000 000 million rubles.
The stages of obtaining the work permit and visa for a highly skilled specialist are as follows:
- Obtaining a personal work permit;
- Obtaining an invitation for a multiple entry work visa;
- Obtaining a Tax Certificate;
- Submission of notifications to the tax inspection regarding the employment of the highly skilled specialist;
- Submission of notifications to the FMS regarding tax identification number;
- Employer concludes agreement for the provision of medical services to the highly skilled specialist and his family members;
- On a quarterly basis the employer notifies the FMS of Russia of the foreign national"s salary.
- Work permit and visa can be issued for up to 3 years;
- Processing time of issuing the work permit and invitation is 14 work days;
- Simplified list of documents;
- Work permit is issued outside the quota and necessity to receive permission to hire;
- Work permit can be issued for any position outside the classifier;
- Highly skilled specialist can undertake business trips within Russia with practically no limitations;
- Work permit can be issued for several Russian regions;
- Highly skilled specialists are not required to undergo medical tests;
- Multiple entry work visa is obtained in a Russian Consulate abroad, which is valid for the duration of the work permit;
- Simplified registration procedure for the highly skilled specialist and his family members (they can stay in the RF for up to 90 days without registration);
- It is possible to obtain a residence permit for the highly skilled specialist and his family members, including his mother and father;
- Highly skilled specialist becomes a tax resident from his first working day in Russia. Consequently his salary will be taxed at 13%.
If the employer pays the foreign national the salary less than 2 000 000 million rubles a year the company may face administrative sanctions and may also be prohibited from employing foreign employees for two years;
- The company should carefully monitor the situation regarding the recruitment of foreign nationals as any infringement may involve the prohibition of recruitment of highly skilled specialists;
- Representative offices of foreign companies are not allowed to recruit highly skilled specialists.