Russian working visa
The procedure to obtain a working visa for a foreign national, employed according to the standard procedure:
- After obtaining permission to employ foreign nationals and submitting documents for a personal work permit (or obtaining a work permit) for a foreign employee the company obtains an invitation for a single entry visa, which is valid for 90 days.
- Using a working invitation the foreign employee applies to a Russian Consulate abroad for a single working visa.
- On arrival of the foreign national in the Russian Federation his single working visa is transformed into a multiple working visa according to the duration of the work permit and the foreign national is registered with the local department of the DFMS according to the duration of the visa.
You can get acquainted with the list of documents required for a working visa in the local department of the DFMS in the Sample Documents section.
The procedure to obtain a working visa for a foreign national, employed as a highly skilled specialist:
- An application for an invitation for a multiple working visa for a highly skilled specialist is submitted to the FMS simultaneously with documents for a work permit or after their submission.
- Using a working invitation the foreign employee applies to a Russian Consulate abroad for a multiple working visa according to the duration of the work permit.
- If a foreign national is already in the RF and has a working visa, his current working visa is extended without leaving the RF according to the validity of the work permit.